The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
Early in my career, I wasted months trying to learn more skills to break into a technical writing role. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost because:
- I lacked a formal background in documenting processes
- The courses and boot camps offered in the industry were either too jargon-filled or lacked sufficient depth.
- I didn't have insider tips nor the right resources on how to stand out as a candidate in technical writing interviews
To become a better technical writing professional, I went down the rabbit hole to understand what it takes to build successful documentation from the inside out. I interviewed thought leaders within the industry. I learned the behaviors and habits of successful technical writers. Empowered with this knowledge, I received many job interviews at top-tier companies and startups.
Within 3 years, I went from a complete newbie to an award-winning Technical Writer. Today, my technical writing has been read by over 1 billion people.
I created the Technical Writing Certification Course with instructor feedback so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to become more experienced and land my first technical writing role.
TWHQ's Technical Writer Certification Course was created for aspiring technical writers or people who want to brush up on their technical writing skills. In this course, I teach: fundamentals of technical writing, how to create great documentation, how to answer technical writing interview questions and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a technical writing job. To date, I've received over 50 messages from different writers who've received job offers after taking this course!
"To be successful as a technical writer, you need to learn fundamental technical writing skills. Over my career, I’ve helped hundreds of people become more technical and break into technical writing. I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned into this Technical Technical Writing Certification Course to put you on the fast track towards success."
"I wanted to let you know I signed an offer for my first official technical writing job yesterday! Thanks for your wonderful class and great resources." - 5/5 stars
- Teena M., Technical Writing student who now works as a Technical Writer
"I took Josh's course, did the capstone project, and became certified in August. I've recently been offered a job as a Technical Writer for Amazon at $150k per year! I used my capstone project when they asked me for writing samples."
- Henry Fuse, Technical Writer
"Thank you for taking the time to review my work and for the constructive feedback, really appreciate it. And thank you for this great course, I will be referencing it often for sure."
Christian Quiles, Technical Writing student who now works as a Technical Writer
“The capstone will make a great addition to my writing portfolio. I didn’t realize how much experience companies expect from their technical communication applicants, so having the writing samples and insight from this course helps A TON as someone with only one year of full-time work experience. You guys nailed it.”
- Edina Kremic, Project Manager
What are you going to get from this course?
Over 50+ lectures, 5+ downloadable technical writing templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with technical writing professionals in the industry.
Learn key fundamentals of being a technical writer, how to dominate technical writing interviews, and how to stand out as a better candidate to land the job including topics like:
- How to Implement Technical Writing Key Responsibilities
- How to Set Scope and Purpose of Your Documentation
- How to Analyze Your Audience
- How to Conduct Proper Research
- How to Structure and Design Your Sentences
- How to Create Great Documentation Layout
- How to Conduct User Interviews
- How to Create Learning Objectives
- How to Work with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers
- How to Foster Learning and Development
- How to Manage a Knowledge Base
- How to Use Tools for Your Documentation
- How to Write and Edit Documentation for Most Use Cases
- How to Write an FAQ
- API Writing
- How to Write White Papers
How to Write User Manuals
How to Write Case Studies
- 20+ Technical Writer Interview Questions Answered
- Crafting your resume and job search to land interviews
Exclusive interviews with current technical writing professionals from companies like Airbnb, PlayStation, Spotify, and Oracle including insider tips on breaking into technical writing, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
Access to downloadable templates used by actual technical writers on the job.
Instructor feedback on your capstone project. Yes! I will actually review your work to ensure you've made progress.
Learn the process of answering the most popular technical writing interview questions in order to stand out as a technical writing candidate.
Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with tech product leaders over time (I love all things Technical Writing and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!